Tags

, ,

WTH IS GOING ON WITH TODAY’S SOCIETY??? AND WHO IN THE HELL THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA??

Edward Archbold was, according to those who met him on Friday night, the life of the party – a bit of a showoff who was up for anything, even a giant cockroach-eating contest.

He won. And then, tragically, he died.


According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, Archbold, of West Palm Beach, and several other contestants signed up to eat a variety of insects at Ben Siegel Reptiles in Deerfield Beach. After eating dozens of giant cockroaches, Archbold was declared the winner of an ivory-ball python. (The prizes, Archbold indicated on his Facebook page that night, were less significant than the glory.)

He had also entered a superworm-eating contest earlier in the night.

 But after winning, Archbold felt sick and started vomiting. He then collapsed in the store and was later pronounced dead. The medical examiner’s office is conducting tests to determine a cause of death, according to the sheriff’s office statement.

Eddie Archbold, 32, died Friday night after winning a giant cockroach-eating contest.

An attorney claiming to represent Ben Siegel Reptiles wrote that contest participants had signed waivers accepting their participation in this “unique and unorthodox contest.”

”The consumption of insects is widely accepted throughout the world, and the insects presented as part of the contest were taken from an inventory of insects that are safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles,” wrote attorney Luke Lirot.

I’M SORRY, HOW CAN ONE RAISE COCKROACHES IN SAFE ENVIRONMENT…SOMETHINGS ARE JUST NOT MADE FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION! OMG!

Advertisements