Tags

, ,

McDonald's employees are escorted to the Savannah Fire Department Haz Mat trailer following an incident Wednesday (© Richard Burkhart/The Savannah Morning News/AP)

(Reuters) – One woman died and nine others were sickened after breathing toxic fumes in the bathroom of a McDonald’s (MCD.N) restaurant in south Georgia, authorities said on Thursday.

An 80-year-old woman from Florida died early on Thursday, hours after being overcome by fumes in the bathroom of the McDonald’s restaurant in Pooler, Georgia, the city’s police chief Mark Revenew said.

Firefighters noticed a smell in the bathroom but were not able to identify the source, authorities said.

“We continue to work with the local authorities to collect more information about what may have happened,” John and Monique Palamccio, the McDonald’s franchisees who own the restaurant, said in a statement.

“The safety of our customers and employees has and will continue to be our number one concern. Our thoughts and prayers remain with the families who have been impacted,” they said.

WOW!

Advertisements